Organic Amaranth Chocolate Cake 0
1 and 1/2 cup organic amaranth flour
1/4th cup organic raw cacao powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4th cup yogurt
3/4th cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened apple juice
1 large overripe mashed banana
1/3rd cup organic extra virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup raw sugar
A pinch of salt
1. Take a bowl and sieve the flour, raw cacao powder and baking soda and keep it aside.
2. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and grease a 6 inch round cake tin.
3. In another bowl take yogurt and whisk it till smooth.
4. Add the mashed banana and whisk it.
5. Now add the raw sugar and whisk it till all the sugar dissolves.
6. Add extra virgin coconut oil, and unsweetened apple juice and whisk again till everything is smooth.
7. Now slowly fold in the dry seived ingredients in the wet mixture with a spatula till all lumps are gone.
5. Do not over mix.
6. Pour the mixture in the greased cake tin and bake at 180 degrees for 40 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool it on a wire rack.
8. Enjoy it with a glass of milk.