Butter Chicken 0
Serving size: 4
500 gms boneless chicken cubed
2 tbsp greek yogurt
1/2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
1/4 tsp tumeric
2 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
Salt to taste
4 tbsp tomato paste
4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp Earthon's Butterchicken Spice Blend
3 tbsp cream
1. Marinate the chicken overnight or for atleast 3 hrs.
2. In 1 tbsp of butter Grill or sauté the marinated chicken pieces until 3/4th done and keep it aside.
3. Melt the remaining butter in a deep bottom vessel. Add Earthon's Butterchicken spice blend and stir for half a minute until fragrant.
4. Add the tomato paste and simmer for another 3 minutes stirring continuously till the fat starts to separate on the sides.
5. Add the grilled chicken to the tomato paste and cover and simmer it till the chicken pieces are tender. (You can add little water to adjust the consistency)
6. Add cream and give it a good stir and let it simmer it for a minute and switch off the gas.
7. Garnish it with some more cream and fresh coriander and serve hot with rice or naan.
Finger Millet Bliss Balls 0
Here's what you need:
1 cup Organic finger millet flour
1 cup Organic seedless dates
1 cup Organic mixed nuts (pistachios, almonds and cashew)
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp Organic ghee or organic extra virgin coconut oil for vegans
1. Toast the nuts in a pan and keep aside to cool. Once cooled, coarsely ground it.
2. Take a deep vessel put the dates and very little water, just about covering the dates and put it on gas on high heat for 1 min and the simmer for another 5 to 7 mins with the lid on.
The dates will absorb the water and become mushy.
Switch off the gas and let it cool a little and then blend it all in a blender without straining the water.
3. In the meanwhile roast the flour in heavy bottom pan with ghee or coconut oil till a nice nutty flavour fills your room.
4. Now mix the flour, date paste, coarsely grounded nuts and desiccated coconut all together with your hands and make them into balls.
Put 1 tbsp milk if you are not able to make balls.
Store them in a airtight container.
Organic Amaranth Chocolate Cake 0
1 and 1/2 cup organic amaranth flour
1/4th cup organic raw cacao powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4th cup yogurt
3/4th cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened apple juice
1 large overripe mashed banana
1/3rd cup organic extra virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup raw sugar
A pinch of salt
1. Take a bowl and sieve the flour, raw cacao powder and baking soda and keep it aside.
2. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and grease a 6 inch round cake tin.
3. In another bowl take yogurt and whisk it till smooth.
4. Add the mashed banana and whisk it.
5. Now add the raw sugar and whisk it till all the sugar dissolves.
6. Add extra virgin coconut oil, and unsweetened apple juice and whisk again till everything is smooth.
7. Now slowly fold in the dry seived ingredients in the wet mixture with a spatula till all lumps are gone.
5. Do not over mix.
6. Pour the mixture in the greased cake tin and bake at 180 degrees for 40 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool it on a wire rack.
8. Enjoy it with a glass of milk.
Organic Healthy Chocolate 0
Which kid does not like chocolate? Yeah actually chocolates are kids weakness and for me a way to bribe them to get things done.
Most store bought chocolate brands contain sugar or high fructose corn syrup and use soy lecithin as an emulsifier. Just reading the ingredients make my tummy hurt!
The ingredients used here are all easily available and are superfoods like Organic Extra Virgin Coconut oil which is rich in fat burning MCFA (medium chain fatty acids) and lauric acid. Its actually good for heart!
Organic Raw Cacao powder is purest form of chocolate you can ever consume, which means its raw and less processed than Cocoa powder. Its high in magnesium, phosphorous and iron and also super rich in antioxidants. Its also a very good source of fibre.
Organic raw honey is the most original sweet liquid that honeybees produce from the concentrated nectar of flowers that is unheated, unpasteurized, and unprocessed. It is an instant energy-building food containing all the essential minerals necessary for life, all of the B complex group, amino acids, enzymes, and other vital factor.
The recipe below is the basic chocolate recipe. You can add nuts, dried fruits or anything you like to suit your palate.
These are just melt in the mouth drops of heaven... And too easy to make so be aware, you are gonna get addicted to eat.
1/2 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup organic raw cacao powder
3 tbsp organic raw honey
1 pinch of sea salt
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk well until smooth.
Pour into silicon chocolate moulds and put in the freezer for about an hour.
Keep it refrigerated!
- Sujata Gaonkar
- Tags: Recipes
Poha (Flattened Rice) Savoury Recipe 0
Serves 3 to 4
1.5 cups poha - red or white beaten rice or flattened rice
1 large onion, finely chopped
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
10-12 curry leaves
1 or 1.5 tbsp oil
salt as required
2 tsp lemon juice
Handful of Fresh grated coconut (for garnishing)
Little chopped coriander (for garnishing)
1. When making poha first rinse them well in a strainer or a colander and soak them for about 5 mins till the grain is soft enough. They should loose their crunchiness and when you break them between your finger, they should easily get crushed or mashed.
2. Now add lemon juice, salt and turmeric powder to the poha and gently mix and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Crackle the mustard seeds.
5. Then add onions and saute them till they become translucent.
6. Add curry leaves
7. Saute for half a minute.
8. Cover and steam the poha for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
9. When cooking check after 1 or 1.5 minutes and give a stir again.
10. Switch off the fire and let the poha remain covered for 1-2 minutes.
11. Remove the lid and garnish it with coriander leaves and fresh grated coconut.
12. Serve hot with a steaming cup of tea.